Shape Up aimed to:
- Bring together the principle of health education, prevention and promotion in an integrated programme,
- Promote health and wellbeing;
- Tackle social and environmental health determinants;
- Involve schools and local communities in constructive dialogue and action planning concerning health education and promotion;
- Enhance children’s and young people’s competences to carry out health promoting action and bring about positive changes;
- Undertake health-promoting action at the local level, initiated through schools by children and adolescents, in collaboration with local stakeholders.
- Empower a European network of schools and local actors in all the Member States.
In addition to a holistic and broad concept of health, encompassing lifestyle and living conditions, the main characteristics of SU methodological approach include:
- Genuine participation by children and young people (ownership)
- The IVAC (investigation-vision-action-change) pedagogical approach
- School-community collaboration
- Cross-cultural collaboration
For more information:
http://paueducation.com/sites/default/files/Shape_Up_methodological_guidelines.pdf (Shape Up Methodological Guidebook)
http://paueducation.com/sites/default/files/Shape_Up_book_preliminary_results.pdf (Shape Up Prelinimary Results)